If you have been thinking about solar power for some time, then you must be wondering how the solar power industry works! Don’t worry, you have come to the right place, we are here to help you with all your queries. Today, we are going to unfold this topic and explain everything related to solar power in detail.
The aggregate amount of sunlight that hits the surface of the earth in one and a half hours is sufficient to address the energy consumption of the whole world for a complete year. Solar systems metamorphose sunlight into electrical energy through photovoltaic (PV) panels or mirrors that focus on solar radiation. This energy created can be used to produce electricity, or it can also be reserved in batteries or thermal depository. We are going to learn about this complete process in this article. Let’s get started!
How does solar power work?
In simple terms, solar power industry functions by converting light that is received from the sun into electricity. This electricity further is utilized in your home, or it can also be sent out to the grid when it is not required. This is accomplished by installing solar panels on your roof in order to generate Direct Current(DC) electricity. After this, it is fed into a solar inverter which transforms the DC electricity from the solar panels into Alternating Current(AC) electricity.
Here is a step by step explanation of how solar power works.
- The solar panels are created up of silicon photovoltaic (PV) cells. When sunlight strikes the surface of your solar panels, the solar photovoltaic cells consume the rays of the sunlight and then it results in the production of electricity through the photovoltaic impact. The production of the electricity with the help of your solar panels is known as DC, i.e. Direct Current. This direct current, however, is not favourable to be used in your residence in order to operate all the other devices in your home. Furthermore, the DC electricity should be directed to the central inverter or micro-inverter. It all depends on the systems you have set up in your home.
- The inverter at your place is able to convert the DC electricity into Alternating Current (AC) electricity, which can be utilized in your house. Now from here, the AC electricity is regulated to the switchboard.
- The switchboard authorizes the functional AC electricity to be carried out to the devices present in your residence. Your switchboard will forever assure you that, at first, solar energy will be utilized to power your house, and when the solar production is not that adequate, then it will only be able to access the additional energy from the grid.
- Every household equipped with solar power systems are recommended or required to have a utility meter, which is also called a bi-directional meter. This particular meter is installed by the electricity retailer for you. So, what is a bi-directional meter? A bi-directional meter enables us to record all the power that is consumed by the entire house, and it also helps in recording the amount of solar energy that is transferred back to the grid. This whole thing is known as net-metering.
- The solar electricity that remains unused is then sent back to the grid. Sending out solar energy back to the grid is beneficial as you can gain some credits based on your electricity bill, which is known as FiT, i.e. Feed-in-Tariff. The electricity bills of yours will be then taken into account, the electricity you acquire from the grid as well as the credits for the electricity produced by the solar power system installed by you, that you do not utilize.
Join JJ PV SOLAR Today For Solar Panels Installation
The solar energy industry has come a long way. Solar panels are now exceptionally credible and can produce more energy than earlier. Our solar company takes pride in generating favourable solar energy for our customers all over the country. Our team is here just for you, to help you solve all your queries, to answer each & every question of yours and most importantly, to assist you in choosing the ideal solar system for your home’s requirements. If you are the one who is looking to install solar panels on your roof or on the ground, we are here to help you. We deliver residential as well commercial solar panel installations. Here’s a list of top 7 solar companies in Ahmedabad. You can check it out.
You can actually reduce the use of energy and save more money for other activities. You will contribute towards making a sustainable environment. There are a lot of offers when it comes to solar panels, one of them is tax benefits. There are so many things to admire about solar panels. To learn more about solar panels, contact our team right now!
With a solar power system, you do not require to switch it on in the morning time or switch it off at night. The system will perform this automatically and effortlessly. Also, you don’t have to switch between the grid and the solar power because the solar system can specify when is the best time to execute this and is actually based on the percentage of energy that is being consumed at your place. However, maintaining solar systems is relatively easy as they need very little maintenance, which signifies that you’ll hardly face any hustle or stress for them. This also indicates that a good quality solar power system will last a long time.
Your solar inverter that is usually installed in your garage or in a spot where it can be easily accessible, can provide you with data like the amount of electricity being generated at any particular point in time or how much it has produced for the day or in total since it has been performing. Several high-quality inverters promote wireless connectivity and formal online monitoring.
- By: jjpvsolar
- 0 comment